We can all use a little help at times. This is why we offer several learning tools to help you:
- Stay current, connected, and informed through My Portfolio
- Gain a better understanding of course content
- Prepare to write exams
- Transition to the real world of real estate trading
Watch our three-minute video and learn about our student support services.
Stay current, connected, and informed through My Portfolio
My Portfolio is your one-stop communication and resource centre. You will receive a personalized, password-protected My Portfolio account when you are admitted to the college. We will use My Portfolio to communicate with you about all academic and administrative matters.
Use My Portfolio to:
- Enrol for courses online
- Receive confirmation of course enrolment
- Select exam dates and location
- Access online course resources (e.g., education forums, e-books, textbook PDFs)
- Access online course
- Initiate transfers between courses and/or methods of delivery
- View history of courses completed
- Retrieve marks and transcripts upon course completion
- Download tax receipts and other official documents
- Order a variety of college learning aids/products
- Update contact information
How to access your My Portfolio account
- Use the login banner, located at the top right of the OREA website (Login)
- Enter your student ID number (the 8-digit number you received when you were admitted to the college)
- Enter your password; if you are a first-time user, you will be prompted to create a password
Gain a better understanding of course content
Two services are available to you if you have any questions about course content:
Instructor telephone support line: Call toll-free at 1-866-444-5557 and speak to an instructor. Available Monday–Friday, 9:30 am–4 pm
Online discussion forums: Accessed through My Portfolio
Use the search function to locate previously asked and answered questions, or post new questions
Help is available for writing exams
All course textbooks contain end-of-chapter quizzes to test your understanding of content. But, additional help is available if you need it – through ExamTutor© and Passit® Online Study Guides.
The ExamTutor© CD contains practice exams for all courses in the Salesperson Registration Education Program and Broker Registration Education Program. Buy the CD for $20 (plus tax) and also receive a tote bag and hat (while quantities last).
To buy ExamTutor©, contact the college at 416-391-6732 or toll free at 1-866-411-OREA (6732), or go to the REAL e-Store at www.oreacollegestore.com.
Passit® Online Study Guides
Passit® Online Study Guides offer more than 1,000 practice exercises, study tips, and practice/recall techniques. The study guides are available for the following eight courses:
- Real Estate as a Professional Career ($24.99 + tax)
- Land, Structures and Real Estate Trading ($27.99 + tax)
- The Real Estate Transaction–General ($27.99 + tax)
- The Residential Real Estate Transaction ($27.99 + tax)
- The Commercial Real Estate Transaction ($27.99 + tax)
- Real Property Law ($27.99 + tax)
- Principles of Appraisal ($27.99 + tax)
- Principles of Property Management ($27.99 + tax)
For more information about the study guides, go to the Passit® website at https://passit.ca. You may order a guide by contacting the college at 416-391-6732 or toll free at 1-866-411-OREA (6732).
Successfully transition to the real world of real estate trading
Success in real estate requires proficiency in soft skills such as business and career planning, time management, communication, conflict resolution/negotiation, and prospecting. If you need help acquiring and practising these skills, we offer A Mentoring Kit for New Salespeople: Training for Success.
The Mentoring Kit includes:
- 7 booklets on ‘soft skills’ topics
- Two DVDs entitled “Sales Training for New Salespeople”
- DVD entitled “How Real Estate is Structured in Ontario”
- 7” x 9” easy-to-carry binder
The Mentoring Kit is available for $5 (plus tax). To buy, contact the college at 416-391-6732 or toll free at 1-866-411-OREA (6732), or go to the REAL e-Store at www.oreacollegestore.com.