Now you have successfully booked your online exam in My Portfolio. Before you take the live exam, however, you must go through exam onboarding with Proctortrack.
What is Onboarding for my online-proctored exam?
Onboarding is the process of preparing for your online virtual exam with Proctortrack.
You can do onboarding as soon as you finalize the booking of your online-proctored exam.
It must be completed at least two days before your scheduled exam date. If your onboarding is not completed and approved by Proctortrack you will not be able to take your exam.
Onboarding consists of three main parts:
- Creating your student identity profile
- You will provide a copy of your government-issued photo ID
- You will do a face scan, so that your exam proctor has a representation of how you look
- Preparing your system for taking the exam
- You will download and install the software required for online proctoring
- You will do a system check to make sure your computer’s hardware is working correctly
- Completing a practice exam session
- You will do a room and a workspace scan using your mobile phone
- You will take a 5-question mock exam and submit it – this ensures that everything works well together
What you will need for onboarding:
Look at onboarding as a dry run for your online exam. You will need to have:
- Your valid government-issued photo ID
- The computer you will be using to take your actual exam (see the Technical Requirements)
- A bright room
- 15 - 30 minutes of your time
Once you are ready, here’s what you can expect your onboarding experience to be like:
IMPORTANT: Only Google Chrome will work when doing onboarding and for your exam
- Log into your My Portfolio account and head to My Current Courses. In the ‘Exam Details’ section for your course, you will see your Onboarding status: Pending.
Click the Go to Onboarding button.
This will take you to Proctortrack’s website.
On Proctortrack’s site you will see your dashboard page. Your dashboard shows your Onboarding Course as well as any exam you have booked.
- To begin Onboarding , click on the Go to Test button in your Test List
- You now have to install the Proctortrack Chrome extension
- Click the "Download plugin" button to go to the page for the Proctortrack Live Plugin
- Then click on "Add to Chrome"
- And finally confirm that you want to "Add extension" to the Chrome browser
You have now successfully added the Proctortrack Live Plugin extension to your Chrome browser!
- You will now be taken to a new page where the exam guidelines will now be outlined for you.
Please ensure you read and accept these, along with the Proctortrack agreement policy, before you go to the next step.
Now it is time to create your student identity profile with Proctortrack
- When prompted, use your webcam to, first, take a clear photo of yourself:
(You may be required to retake your photo if necessary requirements on the page aren’t met. )
- Secondly, use your webcam to take a clear photo of your valid, government-issued photo ID.
Confirm and upload the image of your photo ID.
You have now successfully uploaded the two images needed for your Student Identity Profile!
- After uploading your photos, you will be prompted to download and install the Proctortrack exam monitoring application for your computer.
Follow the onscreen steps for your PC or your Mac.
- Once the installation is complete, the Proctortrack desktop app launches and connects to the exam monitoring server.
- Next, the Proctortrack desktop app will perform a system check.
This system check will:
- confirm that your system hardware meets the requirements
- confirm the necessary software is installed
- test your webcam and microphone
- check to make sure all prohibited applications are terminated
You will be notified which programs are being closed.
A blue border will appear around your monitor screen. This let’s you know that the proctoring app is active and running on your computer.
- After your system check is complete, you will be reminded of the Exam Guidelines once more.
Read through them and go to the next step.
Your System Check is now complete!
Now it’s time for your practice exam session.
Every exam session will consist of a room scan, a desk scan and the completion of the examination.
First you will be required to perform a room scan using your mobile phone.
- Using your Android or iOS smartphone, go to your device’s app store and download the Proctortrack mobile app.
- Launch the Proctortrack mobile app on your phone and scan the QR code displayed on your computer monitor.
After scanning the QR code, you will be prompted to a do a quick system check on your phone:
- Next follow the on-phone prompts to do a 360 degree room scan and workspace using your mobile phone.
When you successfully complete both scans, you will be notified onscreen. Click the 'Next' button when you see the white check mark on your phone, and you will proceed to the mock test on your computer.
Your phone will display the 'locked' indicator, above, for the duration of your examination.
HAVING ISSUES? If you are unable to do these scans using your smartphone, you will be required to use your computer's webcam, instead.
- Enable the screenshare option in Step 1 and then click the "Start Proctoring" button in Step 2, to begin your mock exam.
NOTE: Audio and video from your webcam and mic, as well as your computer activity, will be recorded during the mock exam session. The same will apply for your live exam.
Your mock exam will open in a new Chrome tab.
Log in using your last name and date of birth to begin.
- Complete and submit your examination.
After submitting, you will be prompted to quit the Proctortrack desktop monitoring app.
- Then, on your mobile device, tap "End Proctoring" to close the Proctortrack App and unlock your phone.
Congratulations! You have completed all the steps required for onboarding!
Now all you have to do is wait for Proctortrack to review the Identity Check images you uploaded and approve you for your actual exam.
How will I know if my Proctortrack Onboarding identity check has been approved?
Onboarding approval typically takes 4 to 8 hours.
There are two ways you will be informed that your profile is approved for your live exam:
- In your OREA My Portfolio student account.
Your onboarding status will change from Pending to Approved, AND the ‘Go to Onboarding’ button will change to say Go to Exam Site
- In your personal email account.
You will receive an email from Proctortrack confirming that your profile has been approved.
Will I need to do onboarding for each exam I book?
No. You won’t.
Once your onboarding profile has been approved by Proctortrack, you don’t need to do it again.
However, if you plan on using a different computer to do your exam, we recommend you do the Onboarding system check again on your new device.