TORONTO, ON, February 28, 2018– Over 900 Realtors and others interested in real estate trends will be attending the REALiTY Conference today and tomorrow to hear from industry experts and disruptors about the latest changes affecting their business. REALiTY is the first Conference of its kind to be hosted by the Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA) in an effort to connect Realtors with the leaders and tools driving change in the real estate business and their profession.
“From blockchain, to chatbots to artificial intelligence, the real estate market is changing rapidly and looks a lot different than it did even just 10 years ago,” said Tim Hudak, CEO of OREA. “We want to keep our members on the cutting edge of technologies affecting their business, but also other issues, like intervening governments and evolving real estate markets. To do that, we’ve brought together some of the biggest disruptors and trailblazers for three days of information downloading.”
Today’s featured speakers include:
- Phil Soper, CEO of Royal LePage presenting on the four drivers of growth unique to Ontario
- Rob Hahn, Founder and Managing Partner of 7DS Associates, presenting ‘Three Black Swans of Canadian Real Estate’
- Errol Samuelson, Chief Industry Development Officer for Zillow Group, presenting ‘Zillow and the Future of Real Estate’
- Amy Erixon, Principal and Managing Director, Global Investment Management - Avison Young Investments, presenting on technology innovation in real estate
- Lisa Kimmel, President & CEO, Edelman Canada presenting ‘Public Trust in Crisis: 2018 Edelman Trust Barometer’
- Steve Schmidt, Vice Chairman, Edelman, presenting ‘Navigating Through an Era of Mistrust’
Today’s speaking sessions will conclude with a presentation from former Premier of British Columbia, Christy Clark, on ‘How Not to Become your Own Worst Enemy.’ Clark’s government was the first in North America to impose a tax on foreign buyers.
“The REALiTY Conference is an unvarnished, clear-eyed and bold examination of the biggest issues confronting Canadian real estate today,” said Hudak.
The REALiTY Conference takes place today and tomorrow at the Sheraton Centre Toronto Hotel. For a full list of Conference speakers, visit https://www.orea.com/OREAConference.