A series of tools and technology events designed to develop your technical skills and knowledge is being offered this fall through the Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA). Come to one or more of the six events that comprise Emerge: Moving you Forward with the Tools for Tomorrow.
This dynamic series is a fast-paced opportunity for learning and sharing that aims to inform REALTORS® about the latest strategies, tools and technologies in the real estate industry. Top performers and industry experts assemble at each event to share insights on a variety of strategies and technology topics. The sessions feature a consumer panel of buyers and sellers plus a panel discussion on electronic signatures and the agreement of purchase and sale. Breakout sessions and a networking reception are also part of the day.
The cost of each event is $79 plux tax for OREA members; $109 plus tax for non-members. Confirmed speakers to date are as follows:
- Debra Trappen, personal branding guru, is a U.S. educator, speaker and author who helps entrepreneurs by defining strong brands. When you register for any Emerge event, you will receive a complimentary copy of Trappen’s book, Fire Up Your Brand.
- Ara Mamourian is a real estate entrepreneur and manager of a group of REALTORS® at Spring Realty. In 2010 he co-founded the Owners of East movement, which has grown to a membership of 200 energetic entrepreneurs. He will speak on the topic, “Make yourself shareable.”
- Jeff O’Leary is a real estate blogger and award-winning Mississauga REALTOR®. His popular blog, The Village Guru, has enabled him to establish a strong online presence. He will speak on the topic, “Lead generation: Leverage your neighbourhood.”
- John-Ross Parks is a third-generation REALTOR® serving the Bay of Quinte area. He went “practically paperless” more than three years ago and has not looked back. He will speak on the topic, “Top five roadblocks to going paperless.”
- Cassandra Agnew Walker is OREA’s senior manager, standard forms. She enjoyed decades of success in every real estate sector, including involvement serving as a former OREA director-at-large and real estate college instructor. She has logged 20,000 hours of facilitation for brokerages, boards and associations. She will speak on “Adding integrity to your trading with forms and everything you need to know about Form 801 and e-signatures.”
Emerge events are being offered in all six of OREA’s provincial regions. Details are as follows:
Thursday, Sept. 17 Ottawa (Shaw Centre, formerly Ottawa Congress Centre)
Thursday, Oct. 8 Peterborough (Holiday Inn Peterborough Waterfront)
Wednesday, Oct. 21 Sudbury (Holiday Inn)
Thursday, Nov. 5 Burlington (Holiday Inn)
Thursday, Nov. 26 Stratford (Arden Park Hotel)
Tuesday, Dec. 8 Mississauga (Mississauga Convention Centre)
To register or for more information, visit www.orea.com/emerge
Legal Beat: When you don’t have a crystal ball
Consumer confidence in local markets growing
Download a text-only PDF of the September EDGE
To receive The EDGE direct to your inbox update your details now