If you want to learn more about the standard forms used in real estate, sign up for a free seminar offered by the Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA).
The first in a series of online web seminars (“webinars”) takes place on Tuesday, March 15 at 1:00 p.m. This 30-minute session will focus on “What’s new and revised in OREA 2016 Standard Forms and Clauses”.
Standard forms are vital tools to ensure professionalism and integrity in your trading activities. You can find out what’s new and get up to speed about the latest standard forms and clauses. This webinar will help you:
- Stay up to date on OREA Standard Forms and Clauses
- Learn the dos and don’ts of copyright for Standard Forms.
- Become aware of expanded resources for Forms, including the 22 helpful guides called “Forms Explained” – tools to enhance your knowledge of forms.
- Get tips on adding integrity to member trading activities with the use of Standard Forms.
- Refresh your memory on other vital recent forms designed to assist you with detailed obligations such as Access Entry Acknowledgement. (Have you had a Home Inspection condition access or Appraisal access in the last year or two?)
- Learn what happens when a buyer waives an ‘unfulfilled’ condition (Have you documented their awareness of all issues?)
The March 15 event is the first in the monthly series. The webinars will be led by Cassandra Agnew Walker, senior manager, standard forms at OREA. The upcoming sessions will cover a variety of other topics related to real estate forms. The webinars are free and available to all OREA members. All you need is a computer with working speakers and internet access.
Read the March EDGE
New videos highlight consumer research findings
Legal Beat: Buyers floored by property’s structural weakness
The format is interactive, enabling you to submit questions, listen to information, and watch slides related to the topic. Those who cannot participate in the webinar on the date it is offered can watch a recorded version at a later date and time convenient to them. A recording of each webinar will be available on www.orea.com in the members’ section on the Standard Forms page.
Webinars will be held once a month, on the third Tuesday of the month at 1:00 p.m. OREA members can register in advance in order to obtain a login link for the webinar. On the day of the webinar members can log in up to 30 minutes before the scheduled start time. Participation in the live webinars will be on a first-come-first-served basis. Some login registration pages are posted below.
Dates, months and topics are as follows:
|| 2016 Forms Revisions and Update - Register now
|| Stickhandling offers and negotiations
|| Assignment APS: What’s the big deal?
|| Creating and using standard clauses
|| Commercial Standard Forms - Avoid the minefields
|| Adding Integrity with OREA Forms
|| Condominium agreements - Simple as A, B & C
|| Watch out for E-Signatures integrity
|| Residential Leasing – Don’t go outside of the Act
|January 17, 2017
|| Forms - Revisions and Update for 2017
For more details, visit the Webinars and Tutorials page in the Standard Forms section.
Download a text-only PDF of the March EDGE
To receive The EDGE direct to your inbox update your details now