OREA Real Estate College delivers comprehensive education programs in three ways :
Select the learning method that suits your learning style and lifestyle.
You may transfer among the three methods of delivery only before the start date of the course. A $50 transfer fee will apply.
Learning by reading, reviewing, and doing…
- You will draft and correct agreements of purchase and sale.
- You will calculate investment property cash flows and rates of return.
- You will analyze situations involving property defects.
- You will resolve legal/ethical issues encountered in real estate transactions.
The College also provides assistance with course content.
If you prefer the traditional route, OREA Real Estate College offers classroom instruction at its Don Mills location (99 Duncan Mill Rd.) and several locations across Ontario.
The College offers small classes taught by knowledgeable instructors using a combination of teaching methods.
The classroom setting provides you with an opportunity to discuss course materials, ask questions, and engage in lively discussion with your colleagues. Instructors are experienced professionals in real estate and related disciplines who meet strict standards established by the College.
Classroom instruction is mandatory for the following courses – The Residential Real Estate Transaction and The Commercial Real Estate Transaction.
Back to top
Choose the correspondence method and you can review course textbooks in the comfort of your office or home. This self-directed approach to learning requires commitment and self-motivation.
The fully integrated course textbooks include:
- Chapter content summaries, learning outcomes, and mini-reviews
- Key terms, highlighted in page margins and in a glossary appendix
- Illustrations to simplify and summarize complex topics
- Market scenarios that bring reality to the subject matter
- True-to-life case studies and everyday occurrences of real estate practitioners
- Active learning exercises featuring various testing formats (multiple choice, fill-in-the-blanks, matching, short answer) and solutions
Getting Your Textbooks
If you enrol in person, you may pick up the textbooks at the time you enrol. If you enrol online or by telephone, you will receive the textbooks within three to five business days after enrolment. Delivery times may vary depending on the destination.
Back to top
With this learning option, students do not receive a physical textbook. Instead, all required course material is delivered online. This interactive approach to self-directed study requires some computer knowledge and a level of comfort with both computer hardware and software.
e-Learning requires self-discipline and good time management. You do not simply read the materials online or listen to an instructor.
You will explore interactive links, and work through material by clicking, selecting, and entering. You will also be required to complete assignments.
You will have access to e-learning for two years from the start date of the course in which you register. Examinations are held at College Examination Centres.
e Learning Technical Requirements
High-speed Internet connection
- Pentium IV (PC) or Mac Intel processor
- 512 MB of RAM and 1.5 GB minimum free hard disk space
- screen resolution – high colour, 1024x768
- compatible printer
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 or higher, or Mac OS X (up to 10.4)
- Internet Explorer 6 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader Version 7.0 or higher
- Flash Player Plugin
Disclaimer: The College sends confirmation of enrolment in e-learning courses via e-mail to your My Portfolio account. This confirmation contains the course activation date, course login number, examination date, and other pertinent student information. All e-learning students are responsible for accessing their My Portfolio account frequently to check for communications from the College, and must ensure they have online access to the OREA website.
Back to top
Need help with your courses?
Online assistance is readily available at www.orea.com by logging in to My Portfolio your personal resource base for all of your course and career development information, or My OREA Community, where you can participate in Education Forums moderated by experts who will provide practical answers to your questions.
If you’re an e-Learning or correspondence student with course content questions, call the Instructor Support Line at 1-866-444-5557, Monday to Friday, 9:30 am - 4 pm.