OREA’s YPN helps you stay informed, grow your network, and sharpen your professional and leadership skills.
You can get involved in the following ways:
YPN Leadership Awards
Each year OREA recognizes three individuals who have raised the bar in the real estate profession and shares their secrets to success.
We select winners based on their contributions to their profession, community and their commitment to professional development.
What does it take to be a YPN Leadership Award recipient?
Involvement in organized real estate. Further professional development. Community involvement.
- Candidates must be 40 years of age or under.
- Candidates must be a member in good standing of their local real estate board/association, of the Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA), of the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), of the OREA Young Professional’s Network and of the Real Estate Council of Ontario.
- Candidates cannot be a member of the OREA YPN Awards Taskforce.
To submit your application for the YPN Leadership Award, please fill in the application and forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline is Friday January 17, 2020.
Last year’s winners:
To view the OREA YPN Leadership Award Criteria, please view this link.
In our video interviews, the winners provide insight and advice about how you can establish yourself as an industry leader. Winning an award is a great way to strengthen your CV while enhancing your industry credibility.
Past OREA YPN Leadership Award winners:
YPN Ambassador Program
The Ambassador Program helps local boards and associations with their currently running groups, as well as, assist those who want to start their own group. this program will also bring unity and consistency to the provincial YPN movement through ongoing information-sharing and two-way communication. We encourage you to reach out to past YPN leaders for further insight and knowledge, they will be more than happy to help you out.
The Ambassador Program helps real estate professionals stay informed about:
- Real estate best practices
- Real estate technology
- Policies and procedures
- Enhancing your leadership skills
- Making a difference in your community
Posting a guest blog or vlog can help you get your name out to potential future leads and build your professional network.
All OREA members are welcome to contribute by submitting:
- A 250–800 word article OR a 2-3 minute video plus description
- A colour headshot
- A 1-2 sentence bio about yourself
Contact email@example.com to discuss your idea or submit your post.
OREA reserves the right to review posts for spelling and grammar, and may make minor edits or changes. We also reserve the right to decline posts that are not relevant to our work or contradictory to our values.
The OREA YPN Committee is for forward thinking REALTORS® who want to strengthen the real estate profession and promote its value to Realtors and the public.
Volunteering on the committee can lead to:
- New professional and business relationships
- Greater knowledge of issues impacting the real estate profession
- On-the-job skills such as conflict resolution, group decision making, and team-building
- Enhanced exposure to membership opportunities, such as events and speaking engagements
- The satisfaction of giving back to your profession/community
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Information and Tools
Explore our online resource hub for information and tools that can help you or your local YPN take your performance to the next level.
Enhancing your Leadership Skills